Who can resist warm hearty baked potato piled with lots of sour cream and crisp bacon!? I loved how this baked potato is done by slicing them thinly and each layer is well seasoned and embedded with cheese filling! Oooh, so satisfying as a light snack but rather sinful hahaha....
Two different potatoes I've tried out. I managed to section the Russet potato into 30 slices and the other small one about 20 over slices.
- 4 Russet potatoes, washed & scrubbed cleanly
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 4 stripe bacons, pan fried till crisp & brown
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- chopped spring onion
- Using a shape knife, slice the potatoes thinly without cutting all the way through.
- Combine olive oil, salt, paprika, herbs, pepper and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture evenly all over the potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220 deg cel until the skin is crisp and tender inside, about 45-50 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and crumble it.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese and bacon and return to the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes
- Top with sour cream, and green onions...and more bacons!
How to slice the potato!
Sliced off a little portion on the bottom so that it won't roll around.
With 2 chopsticks on each side of the potato as a guide, this way the slices won't be cut through all the way. I managed to get 30-35 slices for each Russet potato.
Brush the olive oil mixture evenly on all the potato, including the cuts in-between
baked in hot oven till crisp and cooked through. The slices will started to fan out when it softened.
topped with sour cream, crisp bacon and spring onion!