What an appetizing dish! It looks rather complicated to prepare? Actually is really really fast and simple :D The sauce mixture and deep fried pork are prepared before hand. With heated wok maintained at medium high heat throughout the sautéing process, this dish will be ready in mins. Get ready your bowl of hot rice and chopsticks and ready to dig in! :D
Something interesting to share!! I read this article on MediFacts from Facebook :D How to differentiate the gender of bell peppers!! hahaha….Turn the bell peppers over, the ones with 4 bumps are female and those with 3 bumps are male ^0^ The females peppers are full of seeds and is better for eating raw as they are taste sweeter whereas the males ones are better for cooking!
Recipe source : '煮炒酱料大公开‘ by Angela Cheng
- 250gm pork fillet, cut into small cubes
- 80gm green capsicums, cut into cubes
- 80gm red capsicums, cut into cubes
- 100 pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet & sour sauce
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 beaten egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 heap tbsp tapioca flour
Sweet & Sour Sauce : heat briefly till sugar dissolves
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Add marinade to the sliced pork and set aside for at least 30mins.
- Coat pork with tapioca flour and deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain well.
- Leaving 1/2 tbsp oil in wok, add in onion and sauté till fragrant.
- Add in garlic and chilli, stir fry briefly.
- Add in capsicums and fry for 1 min.
- Add in pork and pineapples and mix evenly.
- Add in sweet & sour sauce and bring to boil. Add in some potato starch liquid to thicken the gravy. Dish up.
Do not fancy pork? Try the sweet & sour sauce with fried fish fillet! Taste equally good :D
I am also submitting this to Cook-Your-Books #6 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours