This is a fast and simple Thai style fried rice. The main ingredients are just minced meat & chinese black olives which renders a savoury and flavourful taste to this fried rice.
This is the first time I uses the salted black olive 乌橄榄 (left pic) in the fried rice. I always uses olive vegetables (right pic) which is completely different taste from the latter. The olive vegetables is a mixture of mostly mustard, oil, salt and minimal amount of olives inside. It is best to use the whole chinese black olive in this dish as you can really taste the natural flavour of the olives :D
Recipe source : YouCanCookThai
- 4 cups cooked rice (I've used mixture of white and brown rice)
- 250gm ground chicken
- 8 Chinese salted black olives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, roasted cashew nuts for garnishing
- Remove black olive seeds and chopped finely.
- Heat oil in a wok, sauté garlic till fragrant.
- Add chopped olives and fry for 2 mins.
- Add in ground chicken and fry till 2 mins, break up the pieces with the spatula. Add in seasoning.
- Add in rice and mix evenly, cook till rice is heated through. Dish up and serve.
I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest ( Thailand ) - November Month hosted by Lena of frozen wings