Sawasdee Ka! SabaiDee Rue Ka…. ^0^ My greetings in Thai "Hi, how are you doing?" This is my first posting to Asian Food Fest Thailand hosted by Lena of Frozen Wings! There were a couple of Thai food recipes which I've attempted before in my blog like green curry chicken curry, som tam, seafood tom yum gong etc….With this particular month event, it gives me an opportunity to explore more of authentic Thai food and its culture! Time to get busy in the kitchen again! ^0^
Dried Pad Thai Rice Sticks which is readily available in the local supermakets :D
- 250gm dried pad thai rice noodles
- 10 medium fresh prawn, shelled
- 3 boneless & skinless chicken drumsticks, sliced
- 1.5 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, fried into omelette and shredded
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 stalk spring onion, chopped
- ground roasted peanuts & lime for garnishing
pad thai sauce : mix well (I double the mixture, need not use up all)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tsp chicken stock powder
- 6 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Marinate sliced chicken with 1.5 tbsp soy sauce for 30mins.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in rice noodles and turn of heat. Soak for approx. 5 mins until softened. Drain away water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok, add chilli, ginger & garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add in chicken and fry for 2 mins.
- Add in prawn and toss briefly.
- Add in softened noodles. Toss with a pair of chopstick and a spatula. Toss and add in 3-4 tbsp of pad thai sauce to keep the mixture moist. Keep adding in the sauce gradually and fry till noodles is fragrant.
- Add in bean sprouts and spring onions and mix for a minute. Turn off heat, dish up and serve with ground peanuts & lime at the side.