Its been a while I've bake a banana cake!! Actually I'm pretty lazy nowadays, not much baking going on in the kitchen. So the kids can only survive on bread and nutella as their snacks for quite some time….but they simply love it therefore no complains from them hahaha…
This is a lovely banana cake with extra rolled oats added into the batter! Great with along a cuppa of tea in the afternoon :D
Recipe source : createbydiane.com
- 125gm unsalted butter
- 120gm sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 medium ripen bananas, sliced
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 250gm cake flour
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cream butter and sugar until light.
- Beat in egg until mixture is creamy & fluffy.
- Beat in sliced bananas, milk and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cinnamon. Fold and mix in oats evenly.
- Spread the batter into a lined 7" x 10" cake pan. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35-40mins.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang's Kitchen.