This is another lovely light cheesecake infused with coffee flavour with an extremely delicate texture too! Light does not equivalent to low fat! This 7" cake uses 125gm cheese with 6-7 eggs! Luckily most of it is eaten up by my kids hahaha...
This is the 2nd flavour ogura cake I've attempted. After previous trial & errors, I've known how my oven works and this time round the cake turns out beautifully...tall & evenly browned :)
Recipe source : Min's Blog
- 25gm corn oil
- 125gm cream cheese
- 80ml milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100gm egg yolk
- 1 whole egg
- 65gm cake flour
- 200gm egg white
- 65gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp coffee emulco
- Combine oil, cream cheese and milk in a bowl. Double-boil till mixture is creamy and smooth. Cool down slightly.
- Beat in egg yolk, 1 whole ege, salt and sugar.
- Sift in flour and mix well. Set aside.
- Using a electric mixer, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy.
- Beat in sugar gradually till soft peak formed.
- Mix 1/3 of the meringue into cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into balanced meringue and fold till combine.
- Remove half of the mixed batter and stir in coffee emulco.
- Pour the both plain and coffee batter alternately into a lined 7" cake pan. Steam bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 70mins until golden brown.
- Invert the cake immediately onto wire rack to cool down. Best serve chill.