Chinese Lunar New Year is getting nearer!! But alas my 2 kiddos are down with chicken pox after mummy's recovery! So both are on medical leave for this coming 2 weeks. No house visiting for the first 3 days of this new year, but luckily they should be recovering before the end 大年十五. Moreover my younger sister has delivered her #4 prince today!! What a joyful event! So we have planned to visit Ah Gong's house on the last day of the lunar new year!! Awwww can't wait to hug my new arrival nephew!!
So for this year I am not able to prepare lavish dinner for my family as we cannot consume chicken, seafood, eggs etc!! But I would like to share this oriental baked chicken which will be well recieved by kids and adults :) It is tender, juicy and sweet with tinge of five-spice flavour.
- 5 chicken thighs & 5 drumsticks
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cm ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp five-spice powder
- spring onion for garnish
- Whisk all marinate together until well blended.
- Pour marinate over chicken pieces and coat well. Cover and chill up to a day.
- Heat oven to 180 deg cel. Lift chicken pieces out of the marinate and place into a baking pan. Bake for 40mins. Pour the marinate over evenly and cook for another 30mins until golden and sticky.
- Place baked chicken in a serving plate and garnish with spring onion. Serve.
Recipe source : Good Food Magazine Jan 2011
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (Feb 2013) hosted by SSB of Small Small World.