I like to prepare 1 dish meal when I'm feeling lazy and tired to churn out 2 dish + soup for every meal, twice a day!! When my hubby not back for meal, worst...at times dunno what to prepare for the 2 kids and myself. So 1 dish meal is a savior for me!! ;)
Creations by Peng's Kitchen
- 200gm dried vermicelli, Mee Hoon (soaked in water to soften, and drain well)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 300gm shredded Beijing cabbage
- 12 fresh shitake mushroom, thinly sliced
- 250ml fish stock
- 3 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Garnish : red chilli, spring onion, fried crispy shallots & lime juice
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in wok, add garlic & shallots and fry for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add in carrots and stir fry for a min.
- Add in mushroom and mix evenly.
- Toss in shredded cabbage and fry for 3mins.
- Add in softened mee hoon and mix evenly. For easier tossing, use a wok spade and a chopstick.
- Add in stock and seasoning and continue to stir fry on medium high fire until the liquid is absorbed by the mee hoon. Adjust seasoning accordingly by adding more oyster sauce or soy sauce. (as my kids are also eating this mee hoon so the seasoning indicate above is just nice for us, not overly salty or bland).
Mummy's portion : I like mine with lots of chilli, fried shallots & squeeze of lime juice!
time to tuck in ^.*