Monday, August 6, 2012

#CookForFamily : Fried Rice with Pork Chops & Fried Spiced Threadfin Belly


Thanks Daniel for inviting me in this meaningful event :) How many of you does cooking everyday for your family? Not to mention those stay at home mum, whom I think does cooking everyday non stop hahahaha...I can understand how tough it is for a full time working mum to rush home everyday to prepare a decent meal for the family! My girlfriend whom a working mum, teased herself as a weekend cooking mum as she only cooks for her toddler during the weekends whereas on weekdays she has to depend on her mother-in-law.

I does cooking almost everyday, 3 times daily!! At times I do take-away when I'm really really tired and simply lazy hehehe. But I tried to avoid doing this as I know homecooked food is still the best even it is just a simply fare :) I'm blessed that my 2 kids aren't fussy eater to the extreme. They do have their dislike but till now does not create much headaches for me during their meal times :)

During days when am clueless of what to prepare, fried rice is the easiest out! hehehe, just see whats available in the fridge and just throw everything in LoL...But today Fried Rice is slightly more sumptuous with extra pork chops and fried spiced threadfin belly at the side :)

Simple Fried Rice : Cooked Rice, French Beans, Crabstick...seasoned lightly with pepper & chicken stock granules. I omit omelette this time round as there are protein added dish at the sides :)

Pork Chops : 10 slices pork chops... seasoned lightly with salt & pepper, dust with flour followed by egg wash and coated with panko, deep fried till golden brown. Drained well on kitcher paper.

Fried Spiced Threadfin Belly : 300gm threadfin belly...seasoned with 1 tsp sesame oil, 3 tsp curry powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, coat thinly with some cornflour, deep fried till golden brown.

Between, I seldom prepare deep fried food for my kids, maybe once or twice a month or less than that! So whenever there is crispy deep fried food on the table, my son will be extremely delighted >.<"





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails