Tuesday, August 14, 2012

娘惹萝卜糕


This is the first time I tasted this sweet version radish cake, not able to compare with other homemade ones! But I do like my own made one hahaha...my girl? neh...after one small bite shake her head. But my boy loves this to bits maybe because of the crushed peanuts :P

I read from book that this traditional Nyonya Radish Cake is served during the Peranakan wedding functions...Love its combination of slightly sweet and savoury flavour and definitely must served with the crushed peanuts!!




Recipe adapted from Yum Yum Food Magazine
Nyonya Radish Cake
Ingredient (makes a 6" square cake)
(A)
  • 200gm rice flour
  • 40gm tapioca flour
  • 20gm corn flour
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • 100gm sugar
  • 1 tsp + 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp alkaline water
  • 600ml water
(B)
  • 60ml oil
  • 4 shallots, sliced
  • 400gm raddish, shredded and squeezed out water
(C)
  • 100gm peanuts, toasted and removed skin
  • 2 tbsp white sesame seeds, toasted
  • 50gm sugar

Method
  1. Mix all ingredient A evenly.
  2. Heat oil and fry shallot till fragrant. Remove fried shallots. Add in shredded radish and fry until fragrant for 5mins. Add into ingredient A and mix well.
  3. Pour batter into a greased 6" square pan and steam over preheated steamer on high fire for 40mins until cook through.
  4. Cool completely before slicing.
  5. Blend ingredient C finely and serve with sliced radish cake.



I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest (link to here , Melaka State hosted by Cindy of yummylittlecooks)”

2 comments:

yummylittlecooks said...

Hi Veronica, so sorry that I haven't reply to your question in my blog about the sweet nyonya radish cake. I was asking around about the sweet nyonya radish cake.And surprisingly, nobody knows about it :( They telling me about savoury one...hahaha

Thank you for this post, and this is new to me....hm...everyday we learn new things:)

And thank you for joining the MFF Melaka Month:)

Peng said...

Hi Cindy...thanks for accepting my submission ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails