Instead of baking the cake in a large round cake pan, I divided the batter into 2 portions using a small bundt pan and a 6in round cake pan. I grease the bundt pan generously and coat with some ground almond as I afraid that I may have difficulty in unmoulding the cake.
Great tasty moist cake with buttery taste & grainy texture! I like the sweetness & sourness of the cranberries embedded inside the cake.
- 100gm dried cranberries
- 100ml hot water
- 140gm cake flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100gm semolina
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200gm unsalted butter
- 130gm sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- Generously grease a 8" cake pan and line base.
- Soak cranberries in hot water for 15 mins. Drain away liquid. Sift cake flour & baking powder. Stir in semolina & salt.
- Whisk eggs and stir in milk & vanilla extract.
- Cream butter, sugar & honey on medium speed until pale & fluffy for 2-3mins. Whisk in eggs mixture gradually.
- Beat in flour mixture on low speed until fully incorporated. Fold in cranberries.
- Spoon batter into cake pan and tap pan on hard surface to burst any air bubbles. Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 mins, or until an inserted toothpick emerges moist but clean. Cool cake in pan for 10mins before unmould and cool completely on rack.