This is the first time I used canned whole tomatoes to cook a pasta dish..taste not too bad (in my opinon)..at least my hubby finish the pasta without any complain :P
Ingredient (served 4-5 pax)
- 315gm fusilli (spiral pasta)
- 185gm x 2 canned tuna flakes in water, drained
- 2 canned whole tomatoes, crushed
- 10 fresh shitake mushroom, diced
- 3 leeks, sliced (used white section part only)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10gm butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & black pepper to taste
- mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta accordingly to package. (I cook for 8 mins)Drain the water and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter with olive oil. Add leek and garlic and stir-fry until soft and fragrance. Add in diced mushroom and fry for 1 min.
- Add in tuna and crushed tomatoes and stir evenly. Add in oregano. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 mins. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in cooked pasta and mix evenly and simmer for 1 min. Remove from fire.
- Transfer pasta to a large greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20 mins.