My sister-in-law has given a bottle of homemade chilli paste. This morning went to supermarket seeing the sweet potatoe leaves so fresh and remember the bottle of chilli paste sitting in the fridge, so decide to use it to stir fried this dish for my lunch! the result...SHIOK! chilli and sweet potatoe leaves is a perfect match...
Ingredient for Homemade Chilli Paste
- bunch of dried chilli, wash n soak with lukewarm water, remove seeds if do not want too spicy
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small pc turmeric
- 10 small red onions
- Grind the ingredient according to the above sequence if u are lazy to pound by hand.
- Heat oil in wok, stir fry until fragrance.
- Cool completely before storing in air-tight container, can keep for 1 week.
- For longer storing duration, freeze in small cubes, use as desired.
- 1/2 kg Sweet Potatoe Leaves
- 5 pcs garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, soaked and chopped
- 2 tbps oil
- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- soy sauce to taste
- Heat up oil in wok, saute garlic and dried shrimps until frangrance.
- Add in chilli paste, stir briefly.
- Add in sweet potatoe leaves, stir quickly on high flame.
- Add soy sauce to taste.