I know Christmas is still sometime away but could not help playing with my food again when I saw a video on youtube on shaping the puff pastry into a x'mas tree! hahaha....Instead of using sweet filling as shown on the video, I've changed it to a savoury one.
To make a complete meal, I also air fried some sweet corn, russet potatoes and carrots, which are seasoned with olive oil and McCormick Perfect Pinch Vegetable Seasoning.
- 200gm fresh shiitake mushroom, finely chopped
- 2 x 150gm Ayam brand tuna flakes in olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 120gm cream cheese
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp McCormick Perfect Pinch Garlic & Pepper
- 1 tbsp McCormick Italian Blend Grinder
- salt to taste
- 4 sheets Pampas frozen puff pastry
- egg yolks for glazing
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in pan. Add garlic and shallots, saute till fragrant and brown. Add in mushroom and fry till mixture is almost dried.
- Add in canned tuna, using the spatula to break up any tuna chunks. Fry for a minute till mixture is fairly dried.
- Add in cheese and seasoning and mix well. Remove mixture from pan and allow to cool down slightly.
- Prepare puff pastry. Cut each pieces of the puff pastry to resemble x'mas tree. Stamp out star shapes with the scrap pastry. Spread tuna filling onto 2 pieces of the cut out pastry (there will be some balance of the filling). Cover with another piece the cut-out pastry. Press down lightly, especially the edges. If the pastry is too soft too handle, transfer to freezer/fridge to firm up. Makes 5 horizontal cuts on both sides of the pastry to resemble the branches then twist the rows. Glaze the whole pastry with egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 12 mins until crisp and golden brown. Serve warm.