Come lets have a 2 dishes 1 soup hearty dinner again! What's on our table today?....Braised chestnut with chicken, tomato fried egg and cabbage fishballs soup 😍
- 300g fresh chestnuts
- 800g fresh chicken pieces (I've used whole chicken leg)
- 250gm fresh mushrooms
- 3 tbsp wolfberries, rinsed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 350ml water
- 1/2 tbsp Knorr all in one seasoning powder
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- cornstarch water for thickening
- Marinate chicken pieces with 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp five spice powder, 1 tsp Knorr seasoning powder, 1 tsp sesame oil and dash of pepper for at least 30mins.
- Wash chestnuts and place in a saucepan of water. Bring to boil and simmer over medium hat for 15mins. Drain away water and soak the chestnut in cold water. Use knife to peel off the skin. Cut the chestnut into halves.
- Heat up wok with 1 tbsp oil. Add garlic and fry till fragrant. Add chestnuts and stir-fry for a while.
- Pour in water and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 45 mins or until the chestnuts are tender.
- When the chestnut is tender, add in mushroom and marinated chicken pieces. Top up 150ml water and bring to boil again. Cover and simmer for another 25 mins until chicken is cooked. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Stir in softened wolfberries and mix well. Add in cornstarch water to thicken the gravy. Remove from heat and serve.