Trying out a new dish tonight...braised pork belly with sour starfruit! The belimbing really give a nice tangy taste to this savoury braised pork, very appetising indeed!
- 300gm pork belly
- 8 pieces belimbing (sour starfruit)
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 green chilli, cut into half
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heap tbsp taucheo, mashed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1-2 tsp dark soy sauce
- dash of pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add pork belly and cook till done. Cool down slightly and cut into 1/3 cm thick. Remove stalk of belimbing and cut into halves.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan. Add onion and fry till soft and fragrant.
- Add in pork belly slices and dark soy sauce and fry until lightly brown. Add garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add belimbing, green chilli and enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Mix well and cover. Simmer on medium low heat for 20 mins until pork belly is tender.
- Remove lid, add sugar and pepper. Turn heat to medium high and continue to cook till sauce reduce to desired consistency.
Telor tempra....click here for recipe