Nobody would resist this chocolate chips cookie! Organic coconut oil is incorporated into the batter instead of the usual butter or vegetable oil. The coconut and chocolate fragrant is so irresistible whilst its baking! In fact I've made a second batch for gifting after the first baked was wiped out by us. ^0^
- 185gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 125ml organic virgin coconut oil
- 100gm light brown sugar
- 50gm fine sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150gm dark chocolate chips
- 30gm raisins
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a electric whisk, beat coconut oil and sugar till well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract. Beat till light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour mixture into egg batter, in 3 additions, mix till just combine. Do not over beat.
- Fold in chocolate chips and raisins. Chill the cookie dough in fridge for 15 mins to firm up.
- Scoop 1 tsp cookie dough and place onto lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12 mins until golden brown. (extend the baking time 1-2 mins if you want a crunchier cookie!)
- Cool on baking sheet for 10 mins before transferring onto wire rack to cool down completely before storing.