These looked like an ordinery chocolate muffin to you. But it is really a healthy snack for anytime as it does not contain refined sugar! Honey, bananas and raisins are added to sweeten this lovely chocolate muffin. No butter is added too. I've used coconut oil which is the latest healthy food craze, hopefully to boast the nutritional value of these lovely muffins.
Recently I've been using coconut oil in my cooking/baking! The dish and bakes turned out really well as the flavour is not overwhelming. Therefore I bought another bottle after finishing it!
- 180gm cake flour
- 40gm cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripen bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in another bowl.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and fold lightly.
- Add in mashed bananas and raisins and mix till just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into a lined muffin pan, bake in preheated at 180 deg cel for 15-20 mins.