Lovely golden chocolate chips cookies! Not exactly a healthy cookies but at least some pumpkin puree is added to enhance its nutrition value :D The texture is soft and chewy with lots of semi-sweet chocolate chips embedded inside.
- 375gm plain flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 227gm unsalted butter
- 150gm brown sugar
- 100gm fine sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices together.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg, vanilla and pumpkin and beat until well combined, about 3 mins.
- Add in dry ingredients, in 3 batches, mix till just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer cookie dough into a container, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Drop, rounded tbsp of cookie dough onto lined baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 mins or until cookies are lightly brown around the edges. Cool the cookies on baking sheet for a while before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone
July 2015 Event : I have a date with "Pumpkin"