This is a healthy delicious dish which my kids will not rejected as all their favourite ingredients are used, tofu, prawn and broccoli! Top with creamy egg sauce, and serve along with bowl of warm rice, they enjoyed their lunch like happy little birds :D
Recipe source : Yum Yum Magazine Jan 2014
- 1 block firm tofu
- 80gm broccoli florets
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 100gm prawn meat, diced
- 300ml water
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour water
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp chopped carrot
- Blanch broccoli florets in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain away water. Set aside.
- Heat some oil in wok, pan fried tofu till golden brown on all sides. Remove and place on serving plate.
- Leaving 1 tbsp oil in wok, add in garlic and fry till fragrant.
- Add in prawn and fry till they turn pink.
- Add in water and seasoning and bring to boil.
- Add in cornflour water to thicken. Add in egg white and turn off heat.
- Cut fried tofu into 9 squares. Spoon the creamy egg sauce over the tofu. Arrange blanched broccoli at the sides. Top with chopped carrots. Serve immediately.
I'm linking this post to : Cook-Your-Books #10 hosted by Kitchen Flavours