Here I am joining in the latest craze making this steamed cream cracker cake which is very popular in Facebook forum ^.^ Even my hubby whom does not really fancy eating cakes, commented this cake is very very good! He loves to savour this wholesome wheat flavoured cake with his cuppa of kopi :D This steamed cake is rather unusual especially its texture as it is a little moist and 'QQ' ! I've done a few steamed cake before but this particular one sure taste the best :D
- 6 eggs
- 200gm unsalted butter
- 150gm sugar
- 300gm wholemeal wheat crackers, processed till fine
- 20gm cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chocolate emulco
- Grease and lined a 7" square pan. Preheat steamer.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Fold in wheat crackers.
- Divide mixture into 3 equal portions. Add in cocoa powder and chocolate emulco into 1 portion.
- Pour in a layer of plain batter into prepared pan and steam on high heat for 10mins.
- Pour in chocolate layer and spread evenly over steamed plain layer, steam on high heat for another 10mins.
- Pour in the final plain batter over the chocolate layer and steam on high heat for 25-30mins until thoroughly steamed through.
- Remove pan from steamer. Unmould cake and cool completely on wire rack before slicing.