Cherries are in season again! Not quite expensive for a punnet so quickly grab a pack and whip up this lovely elegant cherry cake which I bookmarked for quite some time :) Gone in 1 day as 1/2 portion given to a friend whom gives thumb up! :)
Recipe adapted fro Table for 2....
- 250gm fresh cherries, cut into 1/2, seeds removed
- 100gm salted butter
- 120gm icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp lemon zests
- 2 medium eggs
- 150gm plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar for dusting
- Line a 9" pan and grease the sides.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs gradually. Add in vanilla and lemon zests.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and fold into the beaten butter.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Arrange halved cherries over. Do not press in.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35mins until golden brown. Cool completely and dust with icing sugar before serving.