Rich & creamy cheesecake with subtle taste of spices & alcohol! I never tasted a real Eggnog but I know is usually consume during the Christmas seasons :D
Recipe adapted 'The Temptations of Cheesecakes"
- 130g digestive biscuit crumbs
- 60g melted butter
- 500gm cream cheese
- 100gm sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 125ml fresh cream
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1 tbsp brandy
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 200ml sour cream
- 50gm sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine biscuits crumbs with melted butter and press into the base of a 8" loose based cake pan. Chill for 30mins.
- Using a electric whisk, beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in egg yolk until evenly combined.
- Beat in fresh cream, rum, brandy, vanilla essence & ground nutmeg till evenly mixed.
- Pour mixture over cookie base and water-bathe bake (wrap base of cake pan with foil to prevent water from sipping in) at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool for 30mins.
- Using a manual whisk, beat sour cream, sugar & ground cinnamon till sugar dissolves.
- Pour topping over cheesecake and bake at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 12mins. Remove from oven and cool completely. Chill the whole cake without unmoulding.