Northern Style Tom Yum Soup, spicy & sour clear soup instead of the usual red spicy milky soup base.
- 5 lemongrass, use the white ends
- 50gm blue ginger, smashed
- 70gm coriander
- 5 stalk spring onion
- 8 chilli padi
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- sugar 1 tbsp
- 4 green lime, extract juice (I used normal green lime instead of the kaffir limes as shown in pics)
- fish sauce to taste
- fish fillet
- Place all fresh herbs ingredient in a pot with 1200ml water. Bring to boil and simmer for 30mins.
- Strain liquid, bring to boil. Add your favourite seafood ingredients. Season to taste with fish sauce, lime juice & sugar. To serve, garnish with more coriander leaves & lime juice if necessary.