Simple & nice tasty chiffon. Can omit the chocolate chips to become a simple vanilla chiffon!
Chocolate Chip Chiffon
* 5 egg yolks
* 60ml milk
* 4 tbsp corn oil
* 1 tsp vanilla essence
* 110gm castor sugar
* 100gm self-raising flour, sifted
* 5 egg whites
* 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
* chocolate chips
- Whisk egg yolks with 50gm sugar till smooth. Stir in vanilla essence, milk & corn oil. Fold in flour till batter forms.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in 60gm sugar on high speed in 3 additions till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour into ungreased 8 inch tube pan, alternatively sprinkle over some chocolate chips. Tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.