Saturday, March 21, 2009

Croquettes

I love this croquettes which got a crispy crust & moist filling :) To make it less messier when moulding the patties, I wear a plastic gloves to handle the mixture! It is important to shape the croquettes firmly and chill them well after coating with breadcrumbs. This is to ensure it does not burst during the frying process.





Cod & Potatoes Croquettes
Ingredient
* 300gm cod fillet
* 400gm potatoes
* 1 large onion
* 4 tbsp mayonnaise
* 1 egg, beaten
* 100gm breadcrumbs
* plain flour
* salt & pepper

Method
  1. Place cod fillet on a plate, sprinkle 1/3 of the sliced onion, salt & pepper on top. Steam for 10mins. Cool. Remove onion, skins and bones from fish. Put fish in a plastic bag and pound till finely flaked.
  2. Peel & boil potatoes. Mash coarsely while is still hot. Add balanced chopped onion, mayonnaise, salt & pepper. Mix well and leave to cool.
  3. Mix cod with mashed potatoes. Shape the mixture into 8 round flat cakes. Press & mould the cakes firmly to press out any air. Dust evenly with flour, dip in beaten eggs and coat evenly with breadcrumbs. Chill for at least 30mins.
  4. Pan fry slowly in oil till crispy and golden. Drain well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng,
I loved your receipes... Need your advise pls. If the mixture is sticky, how the mould it? Do you need to dust the mould before use so to ensure the cakes come out easily? Do you chill in the freezer for 30 mins & send it to pan fry? Can I store it in freezer for future use? Thank you so much....

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Crispy outside, warm soft and creamy inside, drool. May I grab one (blushed) ?

Peng said...

Hi Kim...u should not get a too wet or sticky paste. As I stated I wear a plastic glove to do the moulding so I do not find it sticky :P I just use my finger to pat some flour all over the cakes, no need alot, just to ensure the eggs can stick to the patties :). After chilling immediately pan fry no need bring to room temp. Lastly, yes, u can freeze them after coating with breadcrumbs.

thinkingmama said...

hi, can I link you up at my blog? I would like to try many of your recipes and linking up is easier for me to keep records. Jane

Peng said...

Jane..no problem :)

Li Shan said...

Hi, Your croquttes really look yummy...

Related Posts with Thumbnails