A hearty brioche french toast with crisp bacon and fruits drizzled with maple syrup!
homemade brioche loaf!
Overnight Sponge Dough
- 250gm bread flour
- 160ml water
- 3gm instant yeast
- 1gm salt
Method : Knead everything together till it forms a soft pliable dough. Divide dough into 50gm or 100gm portions and place in a ziplog bag. Chill in fridge to ferment up to 12 hours. Dough can be also freezed up to 3 months.
Brioche Main Dough (knead and proof by Kenwood BM250)
- 100ml fresh milk
- 200gm fresh eggs
- 50gm fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30gm unsalted butter
- 400gm bread flour
- 100gm overnight sponge dough, teared into small pieces
- 4gm instant yeast
- Place all the ingredients into bread machine pan accordingly to the sequence above. Select dough function and let the machine knead and proof the dough for 1hr 30mins.
- After 1st proofing remove dough from bread machine and place on a lightly floured work surface.
- Divide dough into portions of 200gm. Roll round and set aside to rest for 10 mins, covered.
- Flatten the dough into a rectangle shape. Roll it up like a swiss roll, pinch and seal the edge. Repeat with the other dough.
- Take 3 strands of dough and pleat up. Tug the edges and place it into a pullman tin. Allow to proof for another 45 mins or until it reaches 80% of the tin. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins until golden brown.