My first attempt of making this cute character pull-apart bread....so cute!! I really like my bread maker machine which helps me to knead and do the first proofing. During the process I could just go for a quick nap till the machine buzz when the dough is ready hehehe...^0^
Shaped and proceed to 2nd proofing
Ingredient (8"x8" pan, 16 mini bread rolls)
*knead & 1st proofing by Kenwood BM250
- 200ml chocolate milk
- 30gm fine sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 295gm bread flour
- 8gm cocoa powder
- 30gm unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast
- filling (optional) : dark/white chocolate chips, cranberries/raisins
*choux cookie for mouth decoration : mix together 20gm butter, 40gm plain flour, 10gm icing sugar. cling wrap and chill till firm.
- Place ingredients into the bread maker machine according to the sequence listed above. Select dough function to start the kneading and first proofing process, about 1.5 hours.
- After the first proofing ended, turn out the dough onto a well dusted work surface. Gently knead to degas. Divide dough into 35gm x 16 portions and shape into balls. Remaining dough to shape into small round balls as ears. Cover with damp cloth to prevent drying out.
- To wrap with fillings: flatten the 35gm dough and wrap up with your favourite fillings. Seal the edge firmly and place onto lined baking pan. See picture above.
- After all 16 wrapped dough are placed into the pan, cover and allow to proof in a warm area for 50 mins until double in size. Roll out choux cookie thinly and stamp out small round shape to resemble the mouth. Gently place onto each dough. Attach the small dough (ears).
- Bake in preheated oven 160 deg cel for 30 mins. Unmould into wire rack immediately to cool down completely. When bread roll has cooled down, decorate the mouth and eyes with melted chocolate.