With balanced mascarpone cheese after baking the Hokkaido bake cheese tart, woke up early in the morning to bake this lovely mini cheese scones for breakfast! A cool beautiful holiday morning to enjoy this warm scones which slab thickly with butter and figs preserve. ^0^
Ingredient (15 small scones)
- 250gm plain flour
- 80gm fine sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 75gm cold butter, cubed
- 4 tbsp fresh milk
- 125gm mascarpone cheese
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar, salt and zest evenly.
- Add in cold butter and rub it into the flour mixture until breadcrumbs liked.
- Mix lemon juice, milk and mascarpone cheese evenly.
- Add the milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix together gently until if forms a dough. Do not over knead or handle the dough.
- Lightly flour a working surface. Pat the dough into a rectangle, about 1" tall. Use a round cutter to stamp out dough to get 15 small round dough.
- Place the round cut dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at preheated oven at 220 deg cel for 15 mins until lightly brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool down slightly before serving.
Recipe ref : callmepmc.com