This lovely breakfast bar contains whole lots of healthy ingredients! Yah my kitchen pantry is always packed with baking stuffs ^0^ I've to spring cleaning frequently to check the stuffs are not expired any sooner, if so have to clear them ASAP >.<" So this breakfast bar is a great way to clear some of my baking ingredients and make way for newer ones hahaha…..This bar not only great for breakfast, but also tea time or anytime of the day!!
Recipe source : 'Nigella Express' by Nigella Lawson
Ingredient (16 squares)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 2.5 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 cup mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- 1 cup toasted whole almonds
- Preheat oven @ 130 deg cel. Line a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Warm condensed milk in a saucepan.
- Roughly chopped toasted almonds. Snipped cranberries into smaller pieces if they are in large chunks.
- Mix the oats, desiccated coconut, dried fruits/nuts together in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in warmed condensed milk and fold in until well distributed.
- Spread the mixture into prepared pan and press down firmly to make the surface even.
- Bake for 60-65 mins until golden at the edge. Cool completely and cut into 16 chunky bars.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang's Kitchen.
I am also submitting this to Cook-Your-Books #6 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours