With some balanced whipping cream after baking the pineapple tarts, decided to bake this Japanese cream bread which I've bookmarked quite some time!! I've tried bread making using straight dough, water roux, sponge dough and this is the first time I tried out gelatinised dough 烫种. No standalone mixer or bread machine, again I used my bare hands to knead the dough ;) I must say the dough takes me quite some strength to knead and 'throw' hahaha but it is very easy to handle. With whipping cream added into the dough it definitely gives a extremely delicate and fluffy texture!! Inspired from what I saw in Baking Wonderland forum, I try out the cartoon imprint onto the dough using the cookie cutter! Not really well printed but I bet the kids will still like them ;)
Paint chocolate emulco on cookie cutter and press the image onto proofed dough :)
Recipe source : Frozen Wings
- 120gm bread flour
- 85gm boiling water
- 380gm bread flour
- 75gm sugar
- 6gm salt
- 8gm instant yeast
- 120gm cold milk
- 100gm whipping cream
- 1 cold egg
- 40gm butter
- Add boiling water into flour, mix until well blended and knead to form a dough. Cling wrap and set aside to cool. Keep in fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Mix B until well blended.
- Add in C and knead to form a rough dough.
- Add in gelatinized dough from A and knead until well blended.
- Add in D and knead for 10mins until a elastic dough is formed.
- Cover and proof for 40mins or until in bulk.
- Divide dough into 60gm each and mould it round. Rest for 10mins.
- Place dough into a greased pan and proof for another 50 mins. Glaze with milk.
- Optional : brush some chocolate emulco on the edge of your favourite cookie cutter. Lightly press the cutter over the proofed dough.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15-20mins until golden brown.