What do you like to 'ta bao' or order at 'Zi Char' stall? Hokkine Mee is one of my choices but always complain and eat at the same time....hahaha why? cos of the miserable servings of seafood and greens! and of course the MSG loaded in the dish >.< Yes today I managed to try cooking this dish when I found out this recipe in a recent chinese newspaper :) Very simple and effortless dish which can be churned out in mins!! fill with loads of greens and seafood of course! hehehe...
Ingredient (3-4 servings)
- 400gm yellow noodle (broad version), soaked in cold noodle for 5 mins
- 200gm prawns, shelled and deveined
- 300gm squid, clean and sliced
- 120gm pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 200gm baby choy sum
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1000ml stock (use 1 cube non msg chicken stock cube)
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, saute garlic until fragrant. Add in prawn, cuttlefish and pork fillet and stir fry briefly.
- Add in stock and seasoning and bring to boil.
- Add in noodle and bring to boil and simmer for 8-10 mins (stirring gently in between to prevent scorching at the bottom) until sauce is thickened and reduced.
- Add in choy sum and simmer for another 3-5mins.
- Serve immediately.