Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lavender Butter Cookie

Happy Valentine's Day !!

I loves the lavender fragrant of this cookies and is crunchy too!! not overpowering and sweetness is just right :D While I was grinding the flower buds, my boy hop into the kitchen and asked me what was that smell!! hahaha...but the soft dough is slightly difficult to handle, I've to put back the dough back to chill (I chill in freezer for 5 mins to speed up the process) several times to firm it up so that it is easier to cut out the shape. This recipe has been kept in my recipe record file for many years! Original recipe only ask for 2 cups of flour, but I find the dough too sticky so I've further added another 1/2 cup to it, and I added lemon zests instead of lemon essence as suggested.


Ingredient
  • 1 tbsp lavender buds, grinded
  • 250gm unsalted butter
  • 120gm sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 large lemon zests
  • pinch of salt
  • 320gm plain flour,sifted
Method
  1. Using a electric whisk, cream butter, sugar, lavender, vanilla essence, lemon zests & salt until light & fluffy.
  2. Beat in flour in batches till combined. Cookie dough will be soft.
  3. Chill dough in fridge for 2 hrs until firm enough to handle.
  4. Roll dough onto a floured surface and cut out using a cookie cutter. Bake preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10-12mins until slightly golden brown at the edge.
  5. Cool completely before storing.
Submitting this recipe to Aspiring Baker 4 : Love In The Air Feb 2011

8 comments:

CaThY said...

Pretty cookies. I had never eaten lavender cookies before, it sounds so interesting to me :)

小食代 said...

nice!sure it taste nice too!
the other day i tot i would buy a oven but it was not that supported by my sis ==

Cuisine Paradise said...

I love the aroma from the lavender cookies and yours sure feel more romantic in heart shape for this valentine's day :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, just to clarify...this recipe has no chemical raising agent? Btw, we LOVE your chocolate chocolate chip cookie. Nobody can get enough of it. Thank you for sharing.
Judy

Peng said...

Judy....yes surprising no baking powder/soda added! but the cookie still expand slightly during the baking process so take note if u intend to bake this :D

olivia said...

such lovely cookies...

Helen aka Miao said...

Hello Peng's Kitchen,
May I know where you buy your lavender buds? I'm from Singapore.

Peng said...

Helen...u can get from some Chinese medical shop! Some sell in small sachet or in bottle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails