Pastry Ingredients (open tarts) approx 150 small pcs
- 400g flour (add abt 30gm-50gm if the dough is too soft to handle)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbp sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
Egg mixture : mix together 1/2 egg, 1/2 tp vanilla and 1-2 drops yellow colouring
- Shift flour, add in salt and sugar, mix well.
- Cut butter into small cubes, rub butter into flour till mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in beaten egg mixture to the flour to form a pastry dough, chill for 1/2 hour.
- Roll pastry to 0.5cm thickness, cut with a special tart cutter.
- Bake in preheted oven at 180 deg cel for 10mins.
- Fill tart with pineapple jam. Glaze with egg yolk.
- Rebake at preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins until golden brown
- 3-4 pineapples (net wgt 2kg)
- 320 gm sugar (can cut down sugar 280g if dun one too sweet)
- 4 cloves, 3 star anise, 1 cinnamon
- Grate pineapples and squeeze out juice. Do not squeeze too dry.
- Add in spices and cook on high 40-50 minutes uncover till it is almost dry. Stir occasionally. After 40 minutes add sugar and cook on high till the jam become rollable. Cool and store in airtight container in fridge for further use.
Note : if baking 'outside' jam tarts, do not cook the jam too dry or else final results wiil be too hard..
I've yet to attempt the following recipe :)
Pastry Ingredients (inside)(A)
- 360g sifted plain flour
- 250g salted butter
- 40g milk poweder
- 50g sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 drops yellow colouring
- for glazing 1 egg yolk + 1 tbp egg white
- 1-2 drop yellow colouring
- Beat butter and sugar together. Add in egg yolk mixture (B) and beat again.
- Add in milk powder and flour, mix well. place dough in fridge for 1/2 hour.
- Divide dough into small pcs and wrap dough with pineapple jam and form into shape.
- Place on cookies tray, glaze with egg yolk. Bake at preheated oven 200 degrees for 20-22 minutes.