Finally done a batch of pineapple tarts last night! Every year I will try out different pineapple tarts recipe to test out except last year I've so busy with my confinement that I missed making that :) Still feeling lazy to make the jam by scratch I've opt to use 'Bake King' pineapple jam which is most recommended by people whom have used it. It taste not too sweet and have some bites of pineapples fibre in it, but I still prefer homemade jam which is more sourish ^-^
This pastry recipe is extracted from Ooi Lin's recipe book which my friend recommended to me. It has the melt in the mouth texture which I like ;)
Ingredient (approx 63pcs)
- 440gm pineapple filling
- 180gm cold unsalted butter
- 240gm plain flour
- 1.5 tbsp cornflour
- 50gm icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- egg glaze : 1 egg yolk mixed with few drops of water
- cloves for decoration
- Roll pineapple filling into small balls (1 level tsp) approx 7gm each.
- Sift plain flour, cornflour, sugar & salt together.
- Mix egg yolk & vanilla essence.
- Cut cold butter into cubes. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture till a dough is formed.
- Add egg mixture and mix till combined. Do not overmix. Wrap the dough and chill for 30 mins to firm it up.
- Divide dough into small balls (1/2 level tbsp) approx 8gm each.
- Lightly flatten the dough, place a ball of pineapple filling in it and wrap over.
- Bake tarts in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 10 mins. Remove tray and brush the tops of the tarts with egg glaze. Stick a clove in the middle of each tart. Return to bake for another 8-10mins. Cool completely before storing.