Its been a while I've baked cinnamon roll and I'm having bad cravings for it and chocolates too! Manage to discover this awfully delicious cinnamon rolls recipe. I've modified the recipe by adding chocolate nutella spread and peanuts chocolate chips just to clear the balance from my pantry. Beside moreish banana chocolate filling, some banana is also kneaded into the dough, double dose of bananas! Yummy! Feel so satisfying after biting into this fluffy and scrumptious rolls! ^0^
Drizzle more nutella spread if you like!
Ingredient (knead & 1st proofing my Kenwood BM250)
- 420gm bread flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 banana, sliced
- 125ml milk, warmed
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tsp fine sugar
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 70gm unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chocolate nutella spread, warmed
- 1 banana, sliced
- Combine warmed milk, yeast and sugar together. Let the mixture sit for 10 mins until frothy.
- Add in buttermilk, honey, egg, butter and yeast mixture into bread maker pan. Gently add in flour and salt. Select 'dough' function and allow the machine to knead and proof the dough, approx 1.5 hours.
- Dust a working surface with flour. Remove the proof dough from the bread maker. Gently knead the dough and roll out into a large rectangle.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and butter and stir well. Spread the mixture over the dough. Drizzle nutella spread follow by walnut, chocolate chips and banana.
- Roll up the dough firmly like a swiss roll. Pinch the edge to seal it. Slice the roll into 10-12 sections and place into a lined baking pan. Allow to proof for another 40 mins until double in bulk. Glaze the surface with some milk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 min until golden brown. Gently remove the rolls from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cooled.
messy rolls as the dough is really soft...but that's not important ^0^''''
Soft fluffy texture!