Happy Valentine's Day!
Want to prepare a hearty breakfast for your love ones today ? Try this lovely pinky beetroot pancakes :D
They looked so thick & fluffy!
Oh my look at the fuchsia pancake batter!
To get even size pancakes, drop about 1/4 cup batter onto a lightly greased pan. Wait for the bubbles to appear on the surface and the sides started to set. Gently flip over and cook the other side briefly. Use low heat at all times to prevent over browning.*
How's the taste of this beetroot pancakes? Either you like it or hate it ^0^ hahaha 'cos I know some of you may turn off by the muddy taste of the beets. But these pancakes tasted not too bad lah ^.^ Somehow the roasted beets tasted much sweeter compared to steam version and with raspberry jam added into the batter, it helps to reduce the muddy taste a lot!
- 300gm beetroot
- 120ml seedless raspberry jam
- 250ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 125gm plain flour
- 90gm oat flour (grinded old fashioned rolled oats till fine)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Scrub beets cleanly. Wrap beets in foil and roast in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 50 mins until tender. Remove from oven and to cool completely. Cut off the end and remove the skins. Transfer the beets to a food processor and puree it until smooth. Measure out 3/4 cup of the beet puree.
- Combine jam, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, olive oil and beet puree.
- Whisk plain flour, oat flour, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add in wet ingredient and stir until just combined.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly coat the pan with oil. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Cook over low heat for 3-4 mins for each side. *