A simple vanilla cake topped with luxurious greek yogurt chocolate frosting for my Mister's birthday! As my Mister is diabetic, so I incorporated substitute sugar for both the cake and frosting. The cake actually turned out fantastic! We all loved the moist and tender crumbs and the healthier low fat chocolate frosting!
- 120gm butter
- 100gm XyloSweet
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125gm top flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 125ml buttermilk
- 120ml Greek yogurt
- 100gm unsweetened dark chocolate
- 15gm butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 50gm XyloSweet
- Grease and lined a 7" cake pan. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sweetener until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour mixture, alternate with buttermilk into egg batter and beat until well incorporated.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins. or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Unmould and cool completely before frosting.
- To pepare icing, dissolve dark chocolate and butter over bain-marie. Combine yogurt, vanilla and sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Pour in melted chocolate and stir until well blended. Chill for one hour to firm it up before spreading over cooled cake.