Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Steamed Snow Pear Dessert 冰糖银耳炖雪梨

I've been feeling under the weather again since the start of Chinese Lunar New Year! I think my body is trying to remind me again to rest more. Not been able to sleep well because of my persistent coughing. Hopefully this nourishing snow pear dessert will help to soothe my lungs and heals my coughing.


Ingredient
  • 1 large snow pear
  • 15gm white fungus, softened and tear into small pcs
  • 15gm fresh lily bulbs
  • 10gm chinese almonds
  • 15gm rock sugar
  • 1/2 tsp wolfberries
  • 1/2 tsp dried osmanthus
Method
  1. Rinse snow pear thoroughly. Slice 1/4 from the top of the snow pear. Use a small metal spoon and gently remove the centre core. Scrap away some of the pear flesh to create a deep cavity.
  2. Place the snow pear into a deep bowl. Add in all the ingredients into the pear cavity. If the filling is overflowing, scatter some of the fillings around the pear. Add in sufficient water to fill up the cavity. Put the top back onto the sliced pear. 
  3. Steamed in preheated steamer for 40mins until the pear is tender. Serve warm.
  4. Alternatively, you may sliced the the snow pear in wedges and place all the ingredients in a casserole. Add in sufficient water, simmer on stove for 20mins or steamed for 30mins. This dessert can be served warm or chilled. But as I'm having a cough, so its best to serve it warm!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails