Oooh simply love this cute little steamed cupcakes! I spent half of the morning busying in the kitchen churning out these cupcakes and preparing lunch. I immediately ate two of them after taking the pictures as I'm so hungry hahaha...This is a good basic steamed cupcake recipe to rely on. Just throw all the ingredients into a mixer and beat till the batter double in volume! The final result is beautiful bloomed cupcakes without any cracks! The only hard work is cleaning and washing up 😅😪 As I tried to steam the whole batch ie. 16 cupcakes at a go, some of the cupcakes turned out oval instead of round....hahaha really resemble mini dinosaur egg :P
Ingredient (approx. 16 small cakes)
- 3 eggs
- 150gm Ayam brand coconut milk
- 180gm fine sugar
- 275gm plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ovalette
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- kaya jam
- Wilton food colourings
- Combine eggs, coconut milk, sugar, plain flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla paste and ovalette in a mixing bowl.
- Using a electric whisk, beat on medium high speed till mixture is thick and fluffy and double in volume.
- Divide the batter into individual portion and mix in your desired food colouring.
- Spoon each coloured batter into a piping bag. Pipe batter into cupcake case until 1/3 full. Add in 1/2 tsp filling and pipe in another layer of batter. Draw your desired patterns on the surface. Tap the cupcake cases lightly to remove air bubbles.
- Place the cup cases into preheated steamer and steam over medium heat for 10 mins until done.