My kids love all kinds of meat patties. Depending on what ingredients I have on that particular day, I always come up with different flavours meat patties. I want to clear a pack of laksa paste, so here is my special laksa meat patties! hahaha....Its a simple concoction of minced chicken, fish paste, some fresh herbs like laksa leaves and spring onion and minimal seasoning as the laksa paste is rather salty. As usual without fail both my kids happily polished up all the meat patties. ^0^
This is a special fried mee hoon infused with fresh turmeric! Really fragrant and appetising as some pickled onions is tossed into the fried mee hoon at the end of the cooking process. You should try this out!
Turmeric Fried Bee Hoon
- 200gm rice vermicelli
- 50gm fresh turmeric, sliced
- 8 pieces kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced
- 60gm carrot, shredded
- 100gm beansprouts
- 50gm Chinese chives, cut into sections
- 100gm shallot
- 4 tbsp calamansi juice
- 3 tsp sugar
Seasoning (mix well)
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Soak rice vermicelli for 10mins until softened. Drain and set aside.
- Combine pickles ingredient together and allow it to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok. Saute turmeric in hot oil till golden brown. Discard the turmeric. Add in kaffir lime leaves and fry till fragrant.
- Add in softened rice vermicelli and mix till the turmeric oil is evenly coated with the bee hoon.
- Drizzle in seasoning and toss evenly.
- Add in carrots, beansprouts and Chinese chives and mix well over medium high heat.
- Lastly added in pickled shallots together with the liquid. Mix well and remove from heat. Serve.
Laksa Meat Patties
- 250gm fish paste
- 250gm minced chicken
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 20 laksa leaves, chopped
- Mix all ingredients to form a smooth sticky paste. Cling wrap the bowl and chill in fridge for 30mins to firm up the mixture.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick pan. Wet a spoon and scoop a small portion of the mixture and gently drop onto heated pan. Pan fry over medium heat for 3 mins on each side until golden brown. Repeat till mixture are completed.