Thank you Singapore Home Cooks and Drool Cook Club for the invitation to attend the potluck canapés party! Get to taste 30 different canapés created by some members of SHC. Great party to mingle around meeting new friends and catching up with good old friends too. I must say that there's lots of creative tasty canapés, making mine so pale looking among them. 😆Really thanks to their support, I've managed to be one of the six winners for our canapés dish!
This is my canapé dish I've prepared for the party, Lemongrass Meat Skewers. Simple looking meat skewers but packed with different flavours and texture! Its a mixture of minced pork, fish paste and prawns mixed with garlic, shallots, coriander, spring onion and water chestnut. Tested out a batch and my kids loved it a lot and they called it faked drumstick hahaha 😂😂. As my the other half don't take prawn so I tested a portion without it but the texture and taste simply not as good as the one with prawns!
- 500gm minced pork
- 200gm fish paste
- 200gm minced prawn
- 1 stalk coriander, chopped
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 water chestnuts, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 35 lemongrass stalks (approx. 10 cm long)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp chicken stock granules
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 stalk chopped lemongrass (white sectioned)
- chopped coriander
- chopped chilli
- Combine minced meat, fish paste, coriander, spring onion, shallots, garlic and all seasoning in a mixing bowl. Stir well in one direction till paste is sticky.
- Add in minced prawn, water chestnut, egg white and cornflour and mix till well incorporated. Cling wrap the bowl and allow to marinate in fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Wet hands with some water. Take some meat mixture and wrap over a lemongrass stalk and place it on a lightly greased plate. Repeat till all mixture is used up.
- Heat oil in wok. Pan fry the meat skewers, in batches, over medium heat till golden brown. Drain well on kitchen paper. Serve warm with sauce.
- To make sauce, place chopped lemongrass, sugar, water and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook till sugar is well dissolved. Remove from heat and cool down. Add in chopped chilli and coriander.