I highly recommend this soup as it helps to soothe the lung and clear phlegm, especially beneficial during this erratic weather!
- 500gm kampong chicken, cut into half
- 400gm pork bones
- 40gm dried sword flower 霸王花
- 1 large carrot, cut into chunks 红萝卜
- 1 Chinese pear, peeled and cut into quarters 雪梨
- 10gm yuzu 玉竹
- 10gm dried figs 无花果
- 2 honey dates 蜜枣
- 2 large red dates 红枣
- 15gm sweet Chinese almonds 南杏
- salt to taste
- Marinate kampong chicken with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tbsp Chinese wine. Set aside.
- Blanch pork bones in boiling water for 1 min. Rinse well. Rinse the dried sword flower.
- Place the pork bones, sword flowers, carrot, pear, yuzu, honey dates, red dates, almonds into a stock pot. Add 2.5L water. Bring to water. Lower heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add in marinated kampong chicken and simmer for another 1 hour. Add salt to taste if desired.
Let's eat! Stir-fry french bean with olive vegetables, Hainanese pork chop & soup of the day