This is one of the prettiest chiffon cake I've attempted though is far from perfect! The whole cake looks perfectly white which I love it! The texture is soft and fluffy like eating a piece of cloud. ^0^ Hopefully my next attempt it will turn out better....less holes and crackd on the surface 💪💪💪
- 80gm egg yolks (4x 60gm eggs)
- 100gm fine sugar
- 80ml corn oil
- 160gm cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200gm cream cheese
- 200ml fresh milk
- 280gm egg whites (8x 60gm eggs)
- 50gm fine sugar
- Place milk and cream cheese in a small bowl. Sit the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Gently stir till the cream cheese is dissolved. Remove the bowl from pot and cool down slightly.
- Whisk sugar into egg yolks till smooth. Mix in oil. Add in cream cheese mixture and mix till well combined.
- Sift the flour and salt into the yolks mixture and fold till a smooth batter is formed.
- In a clean, dry mixing bowl, beat egg whites till foamy. Gradually add in sugar and beat on high speed till firm peak formed. Add 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter. Mix well. Pour this batter into the remaining meringue and fold till well combined.
- Pour the batter into a tube pan. Tap the pan lightly on a surface to remove excess air pockets. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 50 mins. (baking temperature is only a guidance. I've used 180 deg cel for 10 mins, lower to 160 deg cel for 40 mins and final 130 deg cel for 30 mins. I've to fine tune the baking temperature again as the surface cracks and slightly damp.)
- Invert the pan immediately on a wire rack. Cool down completely before unmoulding.