With the start of June school holidays, I foreseen I will be busier than before...busy in the kitchen churning food out on time for the two hungry kiddos!! Like today, they exclaimed they wanted lunch when its only 11.30am!! With super fast speed, I've prepared a simple and delicious baked pasta (spicy version for adult, non spicy for kids) for lunch.
- 125gm Penne
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 100gm white button mushroom, sliced
- 5 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 can chilli tuna, drained
- 120gm tomato sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 120gm grated mozzeralla
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add in some salt, follow by the Penne. Cook till al dente and remove from pot. Toss with some olive oil and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan. Add in onion and saute till soft and fragrant. Add in garlic and fry briefly. Add diced celery and fry for a min.
- Add in mushroom and black olive and mix well. Add in a few tbsp of pasta water to moisten the mixture. Add chilli tuna and tomato sauce, mix and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cooked Penne and toss well. Add in a few tbsp of pasta water if its too dry. Remove from heat and transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over Penne dish and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg for 15 mins till cheese melted and golden brown at the edge.