Our quick and delicious dinner for the day! I like Aglio Olio as it only takes less than 30 mins to get it done and served on the dining table.
This is all the ingredients needed for this speedy sardines aglio olio.
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 200gm spaghetti
- 2 cans sardines in extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, julienned
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- handful of toasted pine nuts
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Salt it well. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions.
- Prepare a non-stick pan. Pour in the extra virgin olive oil from the can sardines. Add in garlic and chilli when the oil is heated up. Saute till fragrant.
- Add in sardines and mix well. Use the spatula to break up the sardines into chunks.
- Add in cooked spaghetti and toss well to mix. Add in lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Add in pine nuts and parsley and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve immediately.