I've not been purchasing instant creamy pasta sauce off the shelves as it is really easy to create a simple and tasty one in the kitchen! The kids are always delighted to see their favourite cream pasta being served. I love today's creamy pasta sauce as it is added with splash of fresh lemon juice! Too much cream may be too cloying to taste. But with the addition of the lemon juice it helps to cut down the richness! Yummy!
- 200gm linguine
- 150gm chicken breast
- 200gm sliced mushroom
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 150gm cooking cream
- 150ml fresh milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Butterfly cut the chicken breast to make it thinner. Season both sides with salt & pepper. Heat a tsp olive oil in pan. Pan fry the chicken breast till brown, about 5 mins on each side. Rest the cooked chicken breast for 5 mins before slicing. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water before draining. Toss the cooked pasta with some olive oil.
- While waiting for the pasta to be ready (at the last 5 mins), you can start preparing the sauce!
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in pan, add in sliced mushroom and fry till fragrant and soften.
- Add in minced garlic and fry briefly. Add in butter and mix well. Stir in sliced chicken breast.
- Stir in lemon zests, cream and milk, bring to a simmer.
- Stir in 1/2 cup lemon juice and Parmesan. Mixture will starts to thickens. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add in cooked pasta and fresh parsley. Mix well to coat. (If the mixture is too thick, add in some reserved pasta water, but I did not.) Remove from heat and serve immediately.