I found a recipe which can put my new pushpin into good use! A cheeseburger frittata! Basically its like a quiche/pie without crust and is very easy and fast to prepare. Taste lighter too without any cream added but is custardy and cheesy.....just like eating my favourite Swiss Mushroom Burger @ BK!
Really love this Pushpan with its non-leaked ability! No messy baking tray and the baked frittata is easily unmould without any difficulities.
This is how easy to prepare the Cheeseburger Frittta : Browned the ground beef and spread over baking pan, top with sautéed mushroom and onions. Pour over egg custard mixture and ready for baking!
Before & after baking
- 400gm ground beef
- 200gm white button mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 eggs
- 5 tbsp milk
- 80gm shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare a 9" round pushpan*, lightly spray the sides and based with some oil.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in pan. Add ground beef and cook till browned. Season lightly with 1 tsp dried italian mixed herbs, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, pinch of salt and pepper. Remove and spread the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Using the same pan, add in sliced mushroom and sautéed till soften. Lightly season with some salt and pepper. Remove and spread the mixture over the browned ground beef.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil into frying pan. Caramelised the onion. Remove and spread the onion over the mushroom.
- Combine eggs, milk, cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Beat till well combined.
- Pour the egg mixture over the beef filling. Arrange the halves tomatoes over the egg custard.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 35-40 mins or until the frittata is well set and top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool in pan for 10 mins. Gently unmould the frittata and serve immediately.