This is a hearty and scrumptious chicken stew perfect during chilling weather. Though Singapore is summer all year round, we still can enjoy this warm stew any time as we like! I like to make one pot stew during busy days or clueless on what to prepare. Fast, simple and delicious! Today sharing this recipe as I discover a method of making the stew creamier without adding any flour! Instead grated potato is added during the stewing process, resulting a thick and creamy gravy, awesome right?!
Leek, carrots, parsnip, potato, onion, garlic, skinless chicken thigh
One pot cooking
Serve with crusty bread if you like!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 chicken thigh, skinless and chopped into bite sizes
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 large potato, grated
- 1/2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a deep casserole. Add onion and garlic and fry till fragrant and onion is softened.
- Add in chicken pieces and fry for 2 mins.
- Add in stock, grated potatoes and herbs. Bring to boil.
- Stir in carrots, parsnips and leeks, cover and simmer on low heat for 45 mins, stirring occasionally, till all the vegetables are tender and gravy is thickened.