Today I'm sharing a cheated way of preparing a classic claypot rice using a rice cooker! Unlike cooking over claypot, you won't be able to achieve a smoky flavour dish but I guaranteed that it still taste very satisfying and fuss free in preparation too!
3 main ingredients : marinated chicken thigh meat, dried shiitake mushroom & Chinese sausages
A pot of wholesomeness!
I've blanched some bok choy to serve along this protein rich rice dish.
- 3 cups long grain rice (approx. 400gm)
- 350ml water *
- 500gm boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite sizes
- 2 Chinese sausages
- 12 small dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked
Marinade for meat
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger juice
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp hua tiao jiu
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp salt
Seasoning (mix well)
- 2 tbsp oyster
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
*optional : soak the Chinese sausages in hot boiling water for 1 min. Cool briefly and remove the casing. The ratio of rice to water is just right if you follow this proportion, not mushy at all and the grains maintained its shape after fluffing up. I may try reducing the water a little bit more for my next attempt. Thereby I will then update the adjustment again. ^0^
- Combine the marinade with chicken meat and allow to marinate for at least 30mins.
- Slice the Chinese sausages and mushroom thinly.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan. Add in sausages and fry till golden at the edge. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in mushroom and fry in the sausage oil residue. Add in marinated chicken meat and fry for 2 mins. Turn off heat.
- Rinse rice and drain well. Place rice into rice cooker inner pot and add in water. Cook as per ur rice cooker function. Half-way through the cooking process, add in chicken mixture and chinese sausages. Drizzle in seasoning sauce. Cover and continue the cooking process till the chicken is thoroughly cooked through.
- When the cooking process is done (warm mode). Carefully remove the cooke chicken mixture into a bowl. Fluff up the rice gently. Return to chicken mixture and mix with the rice. Serve!